Saturday, February 9, 2013

hair bows

I've been craving them lately. 



today is my first day of carnival break. i have nothing to do except chores. 
so I decided it's time to tackle this hair bow project. 



Materials.

fabric scrap [9 1/2 inches (24 1/2 cm) x 7 inches (18 cm)], needle and thread, scissors


Now let's get goin'. 

measure and cut your fabric

fold it in half longways, with the edges slightly overlapped.
fold it the other way, with the edges slightly overlapping once again.

flip it and scrunch/pinch the center until you're satisfied with the results.
stitch through the center where you pinched it until secure. 
get a small strip of extra fabric.
take the small strip and once again, fold longways
wrap  the folded strip around the center of the bow
stitch it shut in the back.
^hey lookie there - it's your very own bow!^


And there you have it. now try wearing it. 

(i just slipped a bobby pin through the back of mine)
there you go, that's my natural hair in all it's glory. :P 

see ya, guys! hope to bump into you again soon. :)

it's a bit awkward taking pictures of yourself, so sometimes you just have to have a good laugh.



6 comments:

  1. WHY ARE YOU SO ADORABLE!? AHH I can't beieve I didn't know you had a blog until now! Well I miss you a ton and you're absolutley gorgeous:) love you so much<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. already tried it out!! im so proud of my self..:D it's such a succes, I'm gonna tell my friends about your blog, you're fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH show me at school sometime! thank you so much, you're so sweet. spread the word, i love it that you enjoy my blog. ^.^

      Delete
  3. I really like the last picture:) I too am a fan of over sized sweaters, good pair of jeans and the all mighty Converse Sneaker:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Going to try some minis for my daughters.

    ReplyDelete